Changes after Trump's first year – what's new for employers?
February 14th, 2018 at 12:00pm CST
What says romantic interlude better than a February 14 webinar? Probably only if it deals with the NLRB, the recent tax reform law, independent contractors and the European Union, right?
Spend a cozy hour in front of your computer with our author Jean Back from Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, as she walks you through the changes and how they can impact you and your employees.
Whimsical topics include:
- Changes by the NLRB affecting union and non-union work places
- Section 7 concerted rights activities
- restrictions to workplace handbooks and policies
- restrictions to social media policies
- company email
- joint-employer test
- New tax reform law
- tax credit for paid family leave
- ability to deduct certain sexual harassment settlements
- DOL changes to the Tip Credit Rule
- Why more employers are looking to increase independent contractors
- Does the European Union General Data Protection Regulations affect your company?
- brief overview
- what companies need to do with respect to employee records
- On the horizon
- will the DOL issue a new white collar exemption rule?
- will Congress ban arbitration of sexual harassment claims?
Bonus – send any questions you would like answered to email@example.com. Jean will most likely not answer questions concerning dating, romance, Valentine's Day gift etiquette and what the candy you give/get says about your relationship, but we might give it a shot.