This guide walks you through the many complicated procedures associated with keeping your business in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). As an employer, you are responsible for seeing to the needs of your employees, and this guide helps you navigate through the complex situations that arise when an employee requires medical leave or a reasonable accommodation for a disability. Have you ever asked a question like one of the following:
• Who is eligible for medical leave?
• What constitutes a disability?
• Which documentation can I request from an employee seeking medical leave?
• What if I can not afford to accommodate a disability?
• Which forms need to be completed for military family leave?
Failure to comply with the FMLA and ADA correctly can lead to costly penalties. That is why this publication includes tips and tricks, forms, and more to keep you out of trouble and in compliance with the law.
This publication also includes important information on other leave and disability issues. Check out these topics if you are unfamiliar with FMLA and ADA or want to brush up on what’s important:
• Do same-sex domestic partners qualify for family medical leave?
• Do I need to keep medical records separate from other employee files?
• Am I practicing reasonable accommodation?
• Am I properly displaying all FMLA posters?
• What pre-employment questions are considered discriminatory?