The laws governing employee benefits are very detailed and very complex. Benefits take many forms, from simple holiday pay to complicated pension plans, this guide is intended to provide a well-rounded overview of the complex principal laws that apply when an employer provides benefits for its employees.
From basic definitions to information on particular types of benefits, this guide covers what you need to know to stay in compliance. Have you ever asked a question like this:
• Are my benefits plan subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act?
• What are the advantages of group health plans?
• How will the Health Care Reform Act affect my coverage?
• When should severance be paid?
• What health care coverage is available for recently terminated employees?
Providing your employees with benefits can open you up to discrimination claims under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Age Discrimination and Employment Act (ADEA). That’s why this publication includes in-depth explanations, tips for compliance, and a break down of benefit types to keep your business out of trouble.